Estevan Area Home Care, a division of Sun Country Health Region is a locally controlled program. Home Care started in 1982 and is designed to promote independence for people of all ages who suffer from health problems and or physical disabilities. Assistance is provided to help people remain in their own homes as long as possible.
Vision: A healthy community
Mission: To promote health and to respond to the needs of the community
The goals of Home Care are:
- to teach self-care and strengthen abilities
- to delay/prevent loss of abilities
- to assist families and other supporters
- to provide referral service to other agencies
Home Care is not intended to take over those things clients are able to do for themselves or to replace existing support.
Home Care provides the following services:
- Assessment to determine eligibility for the program
- Nursing is provided upon receipt of a physician’s medical order
- Homemaking provides assistance for those in need of general cleaning, laundry and some meal preparation.
- Personal care is provided by trained staff
- Respite services can be provided for short term relief for the caregiver
- Meals on Wheels provides nutritionally balanced meals which are delivered to the client’s home.
Volunteers provide friendly services including, visiting, transportation, assistance with shopping, phone calls and other needs.